Friday, June 26, 2009

Jett Li

When I first got Jett- 1 year ago for my birthday- I didn't really want another Shih tzu because I felt like Bruce was enough & felt that we were such great buddies that another would cause problems. I thought that Bruce might be jealous.
Jett was sortof the coloring of a little wolf & his tongue hung out constantly. I thought that he might have problems but he was sweet so we got him anyway.
He was so different from Bruce. He chewed on everything! Furniture, shoes, papertowels, just anything that he could get his mouth on. It was strange to me since Bruce had never been into chewing on things. I bought Jett so many chew toys, chew treats & all but he still would chew on anything in site. I had a problem potty training him but hoped he would pick it up from Bruce. He did use puppy pads though or use it outside if he just happened to be out there when he needed to go.
Now, a year later (almost) He has learned to only use it outside and he has stopped chewing on things other than his toys. I was lazy with Jett and didn't push the issues hard, but he still learned. Maybe Bruce tells him and he is finally listening. I'm not sure. He is just so sweet now & a big licker. He gets along great with Bruce- they don't fight, just play & I am very happy that we have him. He has fit into the family well, gives Bruce more much needed exercise & my cat Marsha is starting to warm up to him finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment