Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Bruce Lee

Bruce is 3 yrs. old. I bought him in Ga. I wasn't sure what to expect from him since the only dog that I had ever owned before was a bassett hound. My husband's aunt Betty had a Shih tzu named Baxter that I met when we went to visit that made a huge impression on me. He was calm, smelled good, would sit in the begging position, potty trained & all of the things that my bassetts weren't. I wasn't sure if it was all Shih tzus or just him. We bought Bruce & he was cute, sweet and playful. The loyalty as he grew shocked me. Potty training just seemed natural for him. He didn't chew on anything other than his teething toys.
It seemed that we could do anything with him. Most hotels would allow him, he would hike up mountains with us, camp, even swim. It just seemed that for an indoor type of dog- he was very well rounded. Bruce is very smart & I notice that even more now that I have Jett. The only problem that I ever had was that when he was around a year or so, he liked to mark territory in the house. I tried everything until I had him fixed. That did stop it for awhile but we moved- a little maltese visited and Bruce started marking again. We have moved again and he doesn't do it here. Not inside anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment