Friday, February 5, 2010

update from trip

Well, We did go on our vacation. We were suppose to be there for 9 days but we came home after 3 days. I did find a pretty nice place here to leave them that they would have enjoyed, but they were full since it was during the holidays. It seemed that every place was full- except for an emergency place but they said that they let them out twice a day. They spent the rest of the day in a small cage & 20 min. a day just didn't seem like enough to me. My dogs use the bathroom more than that. 9 days in a cage seemed horrible to me. I did find places that only charged around $10 a day. I thought it was much more expensive... We decided that it would be better to leave them at home & just have a neighbor check on them occasionally. They couldn't stay at the neighbors because of their big, mean dogs. I put puppy pads all over in case they had an accident but figured the space here was much better than a cage. We should have been fine with that but we weren't. We couldn't enjoy the trip. We had 5 days at all of the different Disney Parks for free & our resort was timeshare- so it wasn't the money. It was just worrying about the dogs. What if they get into this or that...We went to Disney and sortof just ran through it. We rode small world & space mountain and got out of there. We went to Epcot the same day but stayed for about an hr. building our own ride & our son made a video game with his own self as the action hero. He was able to email the game out. I thought that was pretty neat. Anyway, that is all that we did there. We told ourselves that we would go back to epcot each night after we finished the other parks. Well, the next day we went to animal kingdom & we decided not to go to hollywood studios at all. I had a friend that I haven't seen in sooo long that lives in Orlando. We had plans with her on the 3rd day but didn't even stick around long enough to see her. The resort was beautiful with sooo much to do- we didn't do anything except sleep there. This trip might make some think that maybe it isn't worth having dogs but that isn't the case. We have never had this happen before because there was so much that we could have done to have made it better. Normally our son will stay with them, but it was Christmas- so we had to have him go. Normally, we will pick the hotel that will let them stay- but this was timeshare and the reason we were able to go. I had been moving & very busy, but I should have looked into places that they could have stayed earlier. I assumed that they could stay with family or friends in the area & I shouldn't have expected that either. The next timeshare trip that we all go on will be different. I don't regret coming home after 3 days when we had 9 days either because when I got home, the puppy pads were full, there was still so much unpacking to do at home from the move & it was great to just be with them on Christmas. I don't regret coming home because the vacation just seemed void to me without them there for some reason. I won't ever go on a timeshare trip again unless I have a safe place for them that I am comfortable with.

No comments:

Post a Comment