Sunday, September 27, 2009

Camping

Bruce & Jett are always ready to get out of the house. They get so excited when they see me get the leashes. They never know where they are going, but the exitement remains. Lately, it seems like they have only been to the groomers or to the vet & didn't care for either one.
Jett is only a little over a year old, so he has only been to the park for fun. We decided to take them camping. Bruce has had many adventures, but this was the first for Jett. We took them to Skidaway Island near Savannah Ga. This was a nice place & the campgrounds were some of the biggest & most private that I have seen. Usually campgrounds tell you which lot you will camp on, but this place lets you choose. They also have activities going on each night. This could have been the worst camping experience of our lives, but it didn't have much to do with the campground. It was the rain & the bugs. I did take some avon bug lotion, but it didn't work. My son noticed that it expired in 2002, so that probably had something to do with it.

Bruce acted whiny, which surprised me & campgrounds expect dogs to be on the leash at all times. Bruce doesn't understand that. He probably considers himself to be just as polite as any human & just as smart. He knows that he would never bite anyone.

Jett was good on the leash. Once I did take it off, so that he could run a little & he ran over to the guy that rides around on the scooters making sure that dogs are on their leashes. Just my luck. I start telling the guy about how my tent had a giant centepede in it. This is all true, but it had nothing to do with Jett not being on his leash. It was obvious that the guy was wondering what was wrong with me, so he left without giving me the park rules- which is what I was hoping for. I already knew them. I was really hoping that he would get the centepede out of my tent. It was as big as a small snake. Jett had a good time seeing the campfire for the first time & meeting people. We took him on riverstreet & he met many dogs that he had never seen their kind before. He loved it. Especially bull dogs. He met this one giant bulldog that was making this loud noise. I think that he needed water. I'm not sure, because I don't know anything about bulldogs except that they are cute. Jett loved him & was licking his nose.
Both of our shih tzus are great at travelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment